Saturday, October 9, 2010

Time for a change?

Due to the lack of bucks at the pine stand, my lack of hunting success, and because it appears that there is pack of coyotes bedding within 50 yards of the stand, I am considering moving my hunting efforts mainly to the carpet stand and pine stand.

The carpet stand and pond stand are located in same patch of big woods that are adjacent to a large area of private land where hunting is prohibited. A small creek separates the two areas. The In order to get to the bean fields to feed, the deer must cross the creek and travel through the woods where these two stands are located. The carpet stand is an old stand that I rebuilt this year. It's near a good crossing and a natural corridor through the woods to one of the bean fields. I've talked about the pond stand here.

If I decide to move to one of these stands for a while, I will likely try the pine stand again later in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment