Friday, October 1, 2010

New video camera

Above are pictures of my new video camera that I will hopefully get to use to shoot some video while hunting. To be able to do this, I wanted a camera that was under $200, water resistant, could be mounted to a tree stand, a tree, or bow, and that had a remote. Basically, I didn't want to  have to move very much to start recording (and potentially spook the deer). After a lot of research, my decision came down to the Drift X170 or
Kodak PlaySport, and I ended up choosing the PlaySport due to price and versatility. I also added a remote, a flexible mount, an extra battery, and a battery charger. Although the camera is listed as black, the back side of it is white. To make it less visible, I added some Deer Ridge ThinSkin Camo Tape. The pictures above show the camera with the camo tape applied. In the right picture, it is mounted to a tree branch during a recent hunt. Hopefully I will get the chance to post some video soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment