Thursday, October 28, 2010

Evening hunt - Oct. 28th, 2010 - Nice buck

The temperature dropped quite a bit today (compared to the last week), so I decided to head out for an evening hunt. On the way in, I saw a group of about 10 turkeys moving slowly away from me. After grabbing the memory card from the trail camera and adding corn to the pond stand, I headed over to the carpet stand. After about an hour in the stand, I tried some rattling with the hopes of pulling a buck out of the private property that is about 50 yards from the stand. It worked as planned and a nice 8 point (with an injured back left leg) came into view about 10 minutes after I stopped rattling. I watched him for about 20 minutes and although the wind was good, he didn't come any closer than 50 yards. When he started to walk away, I tried some grunting but he wasn't buying it. After he left, I also tried some rattling hoping to draw him in again. No luck. Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment