Friday, October 1, 2010

My bow

  
My bow is a Browning Fusion II compound bow, which I purchased back in 1994. It's a little outdated, but still works well after 16 years. I've equipped the bow with a Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest, a TruGlo 3-Pin sight with a sight light, a Tru-Fire release, Easton XX75 aluminum arrows, 125 gr. Thunderhead broadheads, a Limbsaver stabilizer, and Limbsaver string leeches and quads to reduce string and bow noise. I'm pretty happy with the setup overall. If there is anything I would change, I would add a Saunders Pro Deadly Quiet string stop, and maybe switch out the Whisker Biscuit for a Hostage Arrow Rest.

Compared to Troy's 2009 Fred Bear Lights Out Bow (which he talks about here), my bow is definitely a little more noisy, a little less accurate, and a little slower. I will probably upgrade in a couple years using the Hunter's Friend website, but for now I will stick with the Browning.

1 comment:

  1. The Fusion II was my first bow and I still have it. It's a pity that PSE discontinued production of Browning bows.

    ReplyDelete