Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Three days until opening day - Scouting report

Only three days until opening day, but unfortunately I will be out of town opening weekend and unable to hunt. I went out to the woods tonight with Troy. We found a lot of new rubs and a couple new scrapes. Most of the rubs were near a stand that we recently built, which is a great sign. This stand will probably be one of my backup stands for the year.

To close the evening, I drove by the fields around the property we hunt. In one of the fields adjacent to where my main stand is located, there were two nice bucks, one of them a brute. Its back was a good foot or two over the full grown soy beans (most deer you can only see their head). I pulled over to the side of the road and watched them for a bit through binoculars. The one is a nice 8 point, the other a 10+, with a pretty wide rack.

I hope I start seeing these guys in my trail camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment