Thursday, September 9, 2010

Scouting so far...

During the summer, we (mainly myself, my brother-in-law Pat, and my cousin Troy) have seen a lot of deer in the fields where we hunt. We have scouted mostly during the afternoons and evenings. Deer have been seen feeding in the soy bean fields mostly about an hour before sunset, but also occasionally in the afternoon. The doe above was spotted a few weeks ago at about 5 PM when were repairing one of our old tree stands. While she was feeding on the beans, we walked within 40 yards of her before she realized we were there.

We have seen several nice bucks - two 10+ points, several 8 points, and other smaller bucks. Hopefully one of us will get a chance to see them when we are in our stands. I am looking forward to seeing what my trail camera shows - not only the deer near my stand, but also when they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment