Thursday, September 29, 2011

Opening day 2011 with video of 6 point buck

Opening day for deer hunting in Ohio was last Saturday and our new hunting location did not disappoint. I hunted our new "carpet stand" in the southeast corner of our hunting location (shown in this post). I was hoping to see this buck but instead saw six deer - three does, a fawn, and two smaller bucks. One buck was a half rack three point (the other side was bleeding) and the other was a six point. Three of the deer walked in and ate corn less than 20 yards from me for more than 15 minutes each. None of them spooked or scented me, so it looks like this will be a great stand. I tested out taking some video with the camera attached to my bow and here is the result:
Not too bad for a $100 camera. An overview of the camera and setup I use can be found here:
http://bowhunting2010.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-video-camera.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment